The mission of Southeast Missouri Pets (SEMO Pets) is to enrich the lives of families and communities by nurturing the special bond between people and pets, by providing a safe refuge for homeless pets, adoption services, medical care, resources, advocacy and education.
Primary Responsibilities of the Development Director
- Develop relationships with individuals, businesses, and organizations to grow the base of external support for Southeast Missouri Pets and its programs.
- Seek contributions through identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, organizations, and businesses.
- Develop plans to increase donor giving levels from annual gifts to monthly giving, to major and planned gifts.
- Build an effective development process utilizing the staff, management, and volunteers to meet the annual revenue objectives of the organization.
- Organize and oversee focused fundraising initiatives including special events.
- Facilitate proposals, sponsorships, and pledge agreements.
- Monitor fundraising efforts frequently for progress toward goals and provide regular updates on solicitation strategy, data analytics and financial results as needed.
- Develop and implement a results-oriented, effective funds development structure with the capability to increase the current budget on an annual basis.
- Research, and write grant proposals to support programs and operations, and oversee reporting requirements.
- Represent SEMO Pets as necessary at appropriate events.
- Three years experience in fundraising with expansive knowledge of planned giving, major gifts, legacy giving and fundraising strategies preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public relations, marketing, sales, advertising, or related field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of multiple media channels.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service, sustaining and building relationships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to travel throughout our service region and work independently outside of a traditional office environment.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours including evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated commitment to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Committed to the mission of SEMO Pets.
Salary range is $60,000-$80,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, flexible time off, and a matching IRA. A complete job description is available upon request. This position reports to the Board of Southeast Missouri Pets. SEMO Pets reserves the right to notify only those individuals selected for an interview as to the status of their application for employment.
Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer